Join the active and happy life.
Join the active and happy life.
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
- Stiffness in your neck with or without movement
- Symptoms can radiate into your head and/or face
- Aggravated symptoms with neck movement
- Difficulty maintaining a comfortable position in your neck
HOW DOES NECK PAIN DEVELOP?
Common causes of neck pain are:
- Muscle strain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Old injuries from a fall or car accident
- Poor posture
- Problems with other parts of the body (arms, pelvis, internal organs) that pull on or restrict the neck
Another cause may be related to visceral (internal organ) dysfunction.
WHAT CAN I DO TO REDUCE MY NECK PAIN?
- Slowly reposition your neck to square your head, centering on your shoulders
- Gently tilt your head forwards and backwards, side to side and rotate to left and right
- Do not force movement you are very stiff in the neck
- Use ice or moist heat to reduce pain
- Sleep on your back or side with just one pillow
WHAT IF I CANNOT MANAGE MY NECK PAIN?
- Inability to manage your neck pain may affect your quality of life due to pain and the difficulty to move properly
- It may cause altered/abnormal postures
- It may progress to pinching nerves and circulation leading to numbness in the arms and hands
HOW CAN BALTIMORE HOLISTIC PHYSICAL THERAPY HELP?
A thorough history to assess the cause of your neck pain will be taken. As everything in the body is connected, the whole body will be assessed to identify the major factors involved and to quickly remedy the situation. After identifying the cause of the neck pain, relief can be restored more easily. Baltimore Holistic Physical Therapy provides effective treatment and best practices includes an integrated approach to manual therapies including positional release, visceral manipulation.
Teaching you how to avoid future problems is very specific to your needs and will be addressed accordingly. This holistic approach is designed for you to minimize your time spent in the physical therapy office and maximize your quality of life as quickly as possible.
What Our Patients Have To Say
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
A: Firstly, I don’t believe in doing what didn’t work before. Many physical therapy practices approach a problem by going to the painful region. Oftentimes, this is a very temporary fix. By taking a holistic, hands-on approach, I understand that your pain may be coming from another part of the body, or even have multiple sources, including posture. By individualizing your treatment, I concentrate on healing and re-balancing the body, to manage your pain and lessen the chance of it returning. Then, I teach you how to manage your posture and movement.
A: Treatments for headaches or other pain from a recent problem will generally benefit from 2 treatment sessions for the first 2 weeks, then 1 session per week. Older conditions will benefit from 2 treatment sessions for the first week and then 1 session per week. Wellness sessions to rebalance and optimize the body for healthy aging range from a single session every month to once every six months and will be recommended on an individual basis.
A: An initial evaluation will take 1 hour. (Scar adhesion or sinus treatments only require 45 minutes.) Most follow-up treatments will be done in 30 minute sessions; multiple body areas may require 45 minutes
A: Any heavy exercise or recreational program should be done prior to the physical therapy or wellness session and then not for 24 hours after, in order for the body to adjust itself to the changes in muscle balance.
A: I will teach you techniques to perform on yourself if there is a flare-up and instruct you on proper body mechanics and ergonomics.
A: It is a facial aesthetics program of wrinkle reduction and facial rejuvenation using hands-on physical therapy and osteopathic techniques which may reduce the signs of aging in the face and neck. A FREE HEALTHY AGING CONSULTATION is available. See Refacée®
A: Wellness programs for healthy aging are not covered by most insurances, but may be reimbursable through a Healthcare Savings Account (HSA). A written bill and receipt will be provided upon your request. Although I do not participate in or bill insurance directly, I will provide a bill for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement, upon request. As there are many types of insurance plans with each provider, it is your responsibility to understand the terms of your insurance. *Those with Medicare Part B insurance from CMS will only be allowed to be part of the Healthy Aging program, NOT for physical therapy treatment. Please see Payment Terms and Policies.