Smoothing the lines of time the all-natural way.
Smoothing the lines of time the all-natural way.
WHAT IS Refacée®?
Refacée® is a proprietary, all-natural, non-invasive wrinkle reduction and facial rejuvenation technique that has been found to help your skin appear younger, smoother and fresher. It was developed and trademarked in 1999 by Dr. Schehr.
WHAT AREAS ARE ADDRESSED BY Refacée®?
- Uneven Eyebrows
- Sunken eyes
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Nasolabrial lines
- Disappearing (thinning) lips
- Off-centered smile
- Sagging and lined neck
- Injuries and scarring to the face
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM Refacée®?
- Men and women who notice facial asymmetries
- Those who want a gentle, all-natural approach to facial lines, wrinkles
- When injections, harsh abrasive chemicals and surgery are not on your to do list
WHAT IS THE BASIS OF THE Refacée® TREATMENT?
- Changes in muscles tension of the face and neck affect the appearance of the skin.
- When muscles of the face relax, wrinkles and lines soften and circulation is able to improve.
- Just as the body tends to move in the same patterns throughout life, facial movements via talking, chewing and gesturing, respond in much the same way.
- These repetitive movement patterns cause the overuse of some muscles and underuse of others, resulting in postural changes.
- When there is too much tension in some muscles, others work much less and sag.
- Besides everyday repetitive activities, dental work, sinus congestion, and scarring from injury or surgery may add to the changes in the muscles and connective tissue of the face and neck.
- General changes in body posture may also affect tension and pulling in the face and neck.
- You may understand this concept by looking in a mirror and shifting your head to the right or left (without tilting it) as far as possible. Notice that it pulls the opposite side and distorts the face.
HOW CAN BALTIMORE HOLISTIC PHYSICAL THERAPY HELP KEEP MY FACE LOOKING YOUNGER AND REFRESHED?
Gentle rebalancing of the face and neck.
- Just as muscle imbalances can be reduced in the body, they can also be reduced in the face and neck.
- A proprietary program of Susan Schehr, DPT, P.A. used at Baltimore Holistic Physical Therapy, helps reduce tension in muscles and restrictions in connective tissue and rebalance the facial muscles to promote greater facial symmetry and reduce lines and wrinkles.
- These techniques have been used successfully in thousands of treatments.
- They have even been applied to those who have used other surgical and non-surgical methods to alter their appearance in the past.
- Once the tissues of the face and neck are rebalanced, the muscles are able to work in a more coordinated way to encourage even greater reduction of lines, furrows and wrinkles.
- This will allow for a healthier and more softened appearance.
- Clients generally benefit from 10-15 sessions in a 6-8 week period to achieve their goals.
- Periodic single sessions for maintenance are recommended to continue healthy aging
What Our Patients Have To Say
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
A: Firstly, I don’t believe in doing what didn’t work before. Many physical therapy practices approach a problem by going to the painful region. Oftentimes, this is a very temporary fix. By taking a holistic, hands-on approach, I understand that your pain may be coming from another part of the body, or even have multiple sources, including posture. By individualizing your treatment, I concentrate on healing and re-balancing the body, to manage your pain and lessen the chance of it returning. Then, I teach you how to manage your posture and movement.
A: Treatments for headaches or other pain from a recent problem will generally benefit from 2 treatment sessions for the first 2 weeks, then 1 session per week. Older conditions will benefit from 2 treatment sessions for the first week and then 1 session per week. Wellness sessions to rebalance and optimize the body for healthy aging range from a single session every month to once every six months and will be recommended on an individual basis.
A: An initial evaluation will take 1 hour. (Scar adhesion or sinus treatments only require 45 minutes.) Most follow-up treatments will be done in 30 minute sessions; multiple body areas may require 45 minutes
A: Any heavy exercise or recreational program should be done prior to the physical therapy or wellness session and then not for 24 hours after, in order for the body to adjust itself to the changes in muscle balance.
A: I will teach you techniques to perform on yourself if there is a flare-up and instruct you on proper body mechanics and ergonomics.
A: It is a facial aesthetics program of wrinkle reduction and facial rejuvenation using hands-on physical therapy and osteopathic techniques which may reduce the signs of aging in the face and neck. A FREE HEALTHY AGING CONSULTATION is available. See Refacée®
A: Although many patients have health insurance, Baltimore Holistic Physical Therapy does not participate with health insurances.